Bidding closed. Bidding ended Jan 17, 2018 02:03 PM Wed EST
Shipping & Handling and Buyer's Premium not included. See auction information and terms for full details.
By bidding on this Lot, you aknowledge that you have read and agreed to the
WireBids Terms and Conditions
and this auctions Seller Terms.
Perfect binding has made great strides in recent years. Traditionally, short-run book trimming duties have been carried out by traditional guillotines but the process is time-consuming and wrought with possibilities of book damage due to operator error. Drawing on our 129 years of cutting expertise, Challenge has designed the ultimate book trimming solution necessary for today's competitive marketplace - the CMT 130.
The sturdy steel and cast-iron design of the CMT 130TC ensures years of trouble-free operation. Hydraulic clamping and cutting action provides strength to cut up to 2" (50.8mm) thick books without hesitation. Standard features such as UHMW gib surfaces, composite bushings, and stepper motor technology require virtually zero maintenance.
The industry-exclusive modularity of the CMT 130TC provides added possibilities for future growth within your organization. The system can be configured as a hand-feed off-line trimmer for entry level cost-effective book finishing. The high-capacity feeder permits up to 35.5" / 90 cm of books to be stacked and automatically fed into the trimmer. The vertical stacker allows up to 24" / 61 cm of books to be delivered. When these two items are combined, this near-line trimming solution permits the perfect binder operator to also feed and collect product from the CMT 130TC solution. The CMT 130TC can also be configured for in-line trimming by adding an infeed conveyor and cooling tower to the system - giving the trimmer the ability to receive books directly from the perfect binder OR from the book pile feeder. The CMT 130TC system is ultimately flexible to meet your book trimming needs!
The intuitive 10.5" color touch screen controller provides a clear clean image of the trimming system. Automatic starting book size detection simplifies the required job parameters making job entry quick and easy. Swift size changes occur in approximately 10 seconds with no tools required! Standard barcode reading capability maximizes the efficiency of the process enabling the change-over between book jobs to be fully automated. No other book trimming system in the market can match the capabilities of the CMT 130TC system!
Proudly manufactured in the USA, the CMT 130TC provides consistent cut quality, durability, and industry-exclusive modularity that you have come to expect from Challenge products. The CMT 130TC continues our legacy of providing… assurance you made the right decision.
Trim up to 2” / 50.8 mm thick perfect-bound books
10.5” Color Touch screen controller with graphical display of the system with live book location
Fully-automated size change in under 10 seconds with no tools required
Modular design – can be configured off-line, near-line, or in-line at any time
Integrated bar code reader automates size changes between jobs
Process up to 200 books per hour – single book mode
Process up to 500 books per hour – optional multiple-book mode
Covered under United States Patent Numbers: 5,694,823 and 6,799,497
Manufactured in Michigan - USA
Booklet Trimmer Specifications
Min. Trimmed Book Size (spine length x book width): 5.82" x 4" / 148 mm x 102 mm
Max. Starting Book Size (spine length x book width): 13" x 9.5" / 330 mm x 241 mm
Maximum Book Thickness: 2" / 51 mm
Maximum Trim - Face 5.5" / 140 mm
Minimum Trim - All Sides: 0.100" / 2.5 mm
Throughput Up to 200 books per hour (single book)
Up to 500 books per hour (multi-book)
Memory: 99 Book Jobs
Set-up Time for Book Size Change: Approximately 10 Seconds
Overall Height 62" / 157 cm
Overall Width (base machine only) 52" / 132 cm
Overall Length (base machine only) 57" / 145 cm
Net Weight (base machine only, approximate) 1,500 lbs / 680 kg
Shipping Weight (approximate) 1,800 lbs / 816 kg
Seller Terms for this Auction
The following terms apply to this Online Auction. By participating in this online auction, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. “Seller” means Boggs Graphics Equipment LLC, the user on the website who is offering the goods for sale.
1. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH NO WARRANTIES OR RETURNS.
2. Binding Contract. If you are the highest bidder on a lot when the lot closes, you agree to purchase that lot for the hammer price plus the buyer's premium. Please bid with care.
3. Buyer's Premium. You agree to pay a buyer's premium of 9% of the hammer price in addition to the hammer price of any lot you win. This premium will be added to the hammer price in your invoice.
4. Payment. Full payment for any lot must be received by the seller before 2:00PM EST; January 26th, 2018. The seller accepts the following forms of payment: Cash, Cashiers/Bank Check, Money Order, Wire Transfer, ACH (Electronic Check), Business Check, American Express, Discover, Visa, Mastercard, Paypal
5. There will be a 4% Buyers Premium Discount on any payments made by Cash, Cashiers/Bank Check, Money Order, Wire Transfer, ACH (Electronic Check), Business Check
6. Removal. You may not remove or take possession of any lot until the seller receives payment in full for that lot. You must present proof of payment to the seller upon pickup.
7. Removal dates. Lots will be available for pickup on these dates:
- Monday through Friday; 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; Saturdays by Appointment
- All lots must be removed before 4:00 p.m., Friday, January 26th 2018
- Special Exceptions can be made for large items or bidders loading overseas shipments
8. Preparation of lots. Seller will make reasonable efforts to make the purchased lots accessible to the winning bidder on the dates of removal. Seller will not be responsible for securing or unloading lots once they are loaded at our facility. Any damage or liability caused by incorrectly securing items will be the sole responsibility of the Purchaser.
9. Complete agreement. These terms and conditions, together with any posted notices and/or additional terms provided in the description of any lots within this auction, constitutes the entire terms and conditions on which property listed in the auction sale catalog shall be offered for sale or sold by Seller, and any consignor of such property for whom Seller acts as agent. No oral agreements made between Buyer and Seller shall be valid unless memorialized by both parties in writing. Seller strongly recommends to all bidders to thoroughly inspect all items before the auction on which bidder intends to bid.
10. Auction site. Bidder acknowledges that an auction site is a potentially dangerous place. Flammable, noxious, corrosive and pressurized substances may be present, heavy equipment may be in operation, and eletric circuits may be live. Every person at the auction site before, during and after the auction sale, shall be deemed to be there at his/her own risk with notice of the condition of the premises, the activities on the premises, and conduct of third parties; and the bidder shall so advise his/her agents and employees. No person shall have any claim against Seller, its consignors, agents, employees, directors or principals for any injuries sustained or for damages to or loss of personal property, which may occur from any cause whatsoever.
11. If Seller or its consignor is unable to deliver any lot or any necessary documentation required in respect of any lot, the Purchaser’s sole and exclusive liability shall be the return of any monies paid on such lot.
12. Absolutely NO RETURN of sold goods, NO REFUNDS, and NO EXCHANGES will be permitted.
13. No article shall be removed unless paid for in full and all articles purchased shall be removed within the time period herein provided in the Event Specific Terms & Conditions.
14. Time shall be of the essence. If the Purchaser fails to make payment or remove goods within the time periods herein provided, the Auctioneer may resell the article purchased by auction, private contract or otherwise, as the Seller in his discretion deems advisable. If the Purchaser fails to pay the seller in full for his item by the payment due date, the Purchaser shall owe Seller liquidated damages in the amount of 25% of the hammer price of that item.
15. Buyers may incur an additional packaging fee for all invoices totaling under $1000 for this auction. Each individual item can be palletized on a standard pallet of $25, packaged in a card board box with packing material for $25, placed on a custom pallet for $50, or custom crated for $100. Contact Boggs Equipment for clarification.